My photo
Mrs. Shepherd likes new pencil smell, morning hair, dodgy record covers, her husbands mutli coloured beard, scratch and sniff stickers, laughing like a witch, running on the spot, climbing up stairs with tap shoes on, her daughters, zig zag stitch, the colour red, snuggles. Mrs. Shepherd hates know it alls, big headed people at the movies. She is an artist whho lives on the mid north coast of New South Wales with her three daughters and partner in crime.

Monday, July 22, 2013

can you hear me whistle?

can you hear me whistle?

 There are moments in my life where everything goes so gosh darn fast...it's like a very fast merry go round that i cant seem to get my feet to touch the ground to hop off of.
 
One summer i remember i lay on a blanket in my yard and my big kids were playing in the sprinkler and i remember i could feel the wind on my cheek...(a hot wind mind you...) and it had this beautiful light whistle....
It was as though time at that moment stood still and all i had was sweet children, water and a cute little in tune whistle..
 
These days i search for that moment...its like winning a prize.
Being told that you are indeed beautiful by someone you love.
holding hands with your gran and looking deep into her eyes and soul.
Who knows maybe the whistle is life reminding me its OK just to do nothing and just watch.
close your eyes long enough and you too will hear it.
 
icecream splice by mrs shepherd (c)
 

 

1 comment:

  1. Kitten, this is just fabulous, the words and image.I love it that the sun is sticks of orange. Part in the hair and great colours you cho0se. I was just dreaming of my sunday afternoon naps with the warm gentle breeze from the fan brushing my skin. ESP...........

    ReplyDelete